Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ memory LED question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ memory LED question
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 19:24:27 -1000

Either I have a few burned out LED lights ..... Assuming the lights are burned out, does anyone know a part number for replacement bulbs and is it just a pop the front panel operation?

They are not light bulbs, they are LEDs. LEDs seldom fail, so I think it is much more likely that it is a fractured solder connection or a coroded connector. Look for ribbon cable or PC boards with connectors that plug together, in the vicinity of the seven segment LED numerals that are not working. If you just "excercise" the connector the problem will go away, until a few days after you have put the covers back on. Then it will fail again. If you use a good contact cleaner (my favorite is Caig Laboratories DeOxit or Cramolin) it will last longer, unless it is a fractured solder joint. In that case you will have to reflow the solder. Inspect carefully while you have it open.

DE N6KB