Re: [TenTec] Lets talk furniture

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lets talk furniture
From: Michael Pfeuffer <wq5c@texas.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 12:31:08 -0500
Hi Jeff,

I've been looking at this stuff from Office Max:

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&expansionOID=-536897599&prodBlockOID=537156800

The thing I like about this style is that it's a bit deeper than most of the other sets I've found. It doesn't have a shelf, but I think I've found something better for that anyway:

Presently, I've been using a "bread rack" shelf for my gear. It's wire frame, and allows for good ventilation. Instead of assembling it as it's intended, which is a unit 6' high by 3' wide, I re-arranged things to make a shelf 3' high by 6' wide. ( I hope that makes sense. ) The whole thing just sits on top of the desk.

I got the bread rack at Home Depot a couple of years ago for about $60. It's really sturdy, and holds heavy power supplies & amps easily.

GL,
--Mike WQ5C