[TenTec] Re: Purchasing an Orion - Thanks

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Purchasing an Orion - Thanks
From: N0KHQ@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 19:54:54 EDT
Hello Again,

Many thanks to all those that replied to my questions.

Ordered a new Orion from Scott at TT, also ordered the award winning "Orion
Operation for Dummies" DVD. The Orion and the DVD will be here tomorrow. The
$10 DVD will save me a lot of head scratch'in.

I have already read the Orion operators manual.......only fell a sleep once.

Thanks again for the input.

Oh, by the way, according to Scott at TT the mic connector on the rig is now
grounded to the chassis........good move. So that means that now, the shield
of the mic cable can now be grounded at the mic connector. I forgot to ask if
they also installed a .01mf cap from the audio hot pin to the new chassis
ground. Hope so!

See ya.

73
John / N0KHQ / St. Louis

Always on 18.130

Antennas:

You can build 'em better than you can buy 'em
Please visit the sites below:
http://www.hamuniverse.com/17mcoaxmox.html
http://www.cebik.com/n0khq.html
http://www.ssb-audio.com/forum/