RE: [TenTec] Ten-Tec's for sale- REDUCED PRICES

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Ten-Tec's for sale- REDUCED PRICES
From: "EDWARD CRAWFORD" <w4wvw@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:53:47 +0000
Here we go again. I will sell the Corsair station for $425 shipped.
Will sell the Scout for $325 shipped. Details below.
Please use this email- w4wvw@earthlink.net
Or phone 336-595-1571
73. Ed/w4wvw

From: "EDWARD CRAWFORD" <w4wvw@msn.com>
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec's for sale
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 02:15:46 +0000

Good day, all. Listing a couple nice items to raise funds to help purchase a new toy, most likely a Jupiter, maybe an Omni VI, not sure yet.

I have a very nice 560 Corsair with the 263 VFO. They both look and perform as well as could be expected for their age for equipment that has been used and not just admired. There are the usual small nicks and scratches here and there. The Corsair has a couple deep scratches about 1/2"-3/4" long on the top cabinet near the front that extend into the aluminum trim piece that goes across the top front and are just slightly visible from the front veiw. The front panels look excellent with no noticeable scratches or rubs. The Corsair has all three filters in the 6mHz slots (1.8, 500, 250). It still has the 4 pole filter in the 9mHz slot for some reason. The radio was at Ten-Tec in May '01 for an overhaul. They work great. As you probably know, the receive on these are fantastic. Someone said the Corsair is still on the ARRL top ten list for receive after all this time. Pictures of these in my shack can be seen at http://home.earthlink.net/~w4wvw/id6.html . I am asking $500 Shipped and Insured. There is a new looking 280 power supply i can include if you want to pay extra for the shipping. It works but has a problem. Not sure what it is but I suspect it is low voltage.

Also have a nice Scout with 5 band modules (10-80 meters) and the noise blinker. Works good and looks good. Not much to say about these except they are simple and effective. Plenty of receive audio, the Jones filter greatly improves selectivity, and the noise blanker works well. Asking $375 shipped and insured.

SOLD-Lastly there is a 4229 2KW roller inductor antenna tuner. The 4229 is the 229 that was built from a kit. With the clear lexan overlay on the front panel, I think it is the best looking of the Ten-Tec tuners. The tuner works well and operates smoothly. No signs of ever any arcing inside. It needs a new dial cord installed, which I have and will include, with instructions. The meter however is not working because the internal SWR board is missing. The boards are not available. I do have a life-sized schematic of the board,front and back; someone who is so inclined could fix this very easily. The operators and construction manuals are included. Asking $175 shipped and insured.

SOLD-Also have a nice Gonset gsb-201 amp which runs 4 811-a tubes for anyone within 50-100 miles of Winston Salem, NC for pickup or get together. Price is negotiable (cheap!). Must have a strong back and desk to match.

I can provide high or low resolution pictures (depending on your connection speed) of this equipment to anyone who is interested. Feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions.
Prices quoted are for continuous US buyers only, please. Others are welcome to inquire for additional shipping.

No mic included for either radio as I will need what I have for what I get.
Power cords and copies of the manuals provided.

Contact Ed Crawford, W4WVW, direct, to this email address or phone-
w4wvw@earthlink.net

PH# 336-595-1571

Thanks for the bandwidth and for looking.
73. Ed