Re: [TenTec] Re: Contesting--Color displays

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Contesting--Color displays
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:36:27 -0500
>   As it turns out, there is room inside the cabinet to fit the extra
> circuitry to drive an outboard monitor.  Either my suggestion came too
> late, or Ten Tec just didn't want to deal with it

So many cooks ;-)

It's more than just a bit of added circuitry to drive an outboard monitor.
ALL of the display control software in the Orion would have to be
rewritten to properly designate and format the color, etc -- e.g., it would
be as if the Orion did have a color display, even though it doesn't.   It's
not a minor little task or a small added circuit card to drive an external
monitor port.

I'm amazed this whole color thing just won't die.. :-)

Grant/NQ5T