[TenTec] I think he's got it!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] I think he's got it!
From: Martin Ewing <martin@aa6e.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 21:16:11 -0400
K8DIT: "Tec design and performance draws from design ideology less manipulated
by committees of engineers and delivers more of a rough hewn adventurful
radio experience."

Let's post that in big type.

And we have a rough hewn adventureful bunch of critics here, too. Fair enough!

Put me down in favor of high-quality user interfaces. Orion isn't the best, IMO. (Even so, I'm a happy owner.) High-res, color, or even grayscale displays have their place. What TT has provided - a 320 x 240 x 1-bit display with limited contrast ratio - is truly spartan.

I'm sure Orion II will address some of these issues, at an appropriate price.

73, Martin