Re: [TenTec] E-ham Bad Orion Review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] E-ham Bad Orion Review
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:17:00 -0400
Ken,

I certainly think your making the right choice! My Orion is now sitting  on
the floor, having been replaced by a Jupiter and that will soon be replaced
with my old Omni 6. I'll just sit it out until the next firmware update
appears.

It is very unfortunate that it does not seem like you can have a technical
discussion about problems with Ten Tec gear, here on the Ten Tec reflector.
It is close to turning into a reflector what if you can't sing praises of
Ten Tec, you  should keep your fingers off your keyboard. Truely sad. Ten
Tec does not need any defense from any of us..they established an excellent
reputation over the years and just because there are still some glitches in
the Orion, certainly doesn't cast a negative spell on a good company. But
seldom does a new 'anything' come out that it is completely bullet proof.
It's just too bad the issues can't be discussed here anymore. The
'ultra-conservative' comment's are more frequent than genuine interest in
discussing an issue and helping to solve it.

Tom - W4BQF