Re: [TenTec] Orion serial thought

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion serial thought
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:58:27 -0400
Well Tom. Just think. If you have some RF on your serial cable and you're
sending cw at your usual 70 wpm, the Orion might interpet your dits and dahs
as ascii data. CQ de W4BQF might translate to "screw up radio" in Orion
speak.
Anyway. I wonder what would happen if one were to first, initilize the rig
then reload the firmware and finally, disconnect the serial cable and put it
away for another day. Maybe, just maybe, there's some PCs out there that are
spitting out some unwanted data from their serial ports in the Orion. Let's
find out.
Steve N4LQ