Re: [TenTec] Orion serial thought

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion serial thought
From: Ken Hunter <kenh@hunters.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:34:51 -0400
Serial Ports:

I will chime in on the serial port chatter. I work with Intel and Mac based motherboards every day. Alot of times- I have devices or comm programs listening on the 'other' side of that serial port.

So - if you have a device connected to a serial port - where that device is a type that polls his connection - or can come under the influence of signals on that port - you can pretty well count on some 'oolies' as we call them occurring when you restart your pc, etc.

I would bet the Orion will ignore signal influence on that port unless configured to interact with it via its menus, etc.

73 de Ken WI4CW