Re: [TenTec] Re: Heil ProSet adapter with Orion -- hum

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Heil ProSet adapter with Orion -- hum
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:44:02 -0500
Keep in mind that in a unbalanced input, the high side of audio typically
goes to the non-inverting input of the input device while the low side of
audio (not shield) goes to the inverting input.  In this fashion any common
mode signal developed between the + input and the - input of the input stage
is therefore cancelled.  Connecting the - to ground negates the ability to
cancel differential voltages.

Bob, K4TAX