[TenTec] IC-7800 Review

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] IC-7800 Review
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:46:25 -0400
        Saw the following very interesting commentary by Rob
Sherwood on the Icom reflector:

http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/icom/2004-June/011792.html

        As I've said here previously, I pay very little attention
to the puffery that seems to characterize most ARRL Product
Reviews (of ANY transceiver).  Wait for the Expanded Product
Review and the detailed measurements by KC1SX, whose
integrity is beyond question.  I would also wait for G3SJX's
review in RadCom.  Peter seems to do the most insightful
product reviews these days (at least that's how I felt about
his review of Orion).

73, Bill W4ZV

P.S.  Did anyone else notice the 13 "Not specifieds" in the
measurement summary?  Typical Icom.  If you don't specify
it, then you cannot be held accountable!  :-)