Re: [TenTec] Orion Reliability was IC-7800 Review

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Reliability was IC-7800 Review
From: "N. Kirk Pearson" <nkirkpearson@bresnan.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:27:34 -0600
Bob Henderson wrote:

Tommy

I am always more than a little curious when I read your reports. You appear
to be very dissatisfied with the reliability of your Orion.

<snip> <alot of Snip>

I don't care what's going on with the IC-7800...I would like my
Orion to be a reliable piece of amateur radio equipment!!!!!

Tom - W4BQF

It seems that there is an unpardonable sin on this reflector to criticize any Ten-Tec product esp. the Orion. I like Ten-Tec alot but Tom's complaint sounds reasonable to me. A guy spends 3000+ dollars on a radio he wants it to work. I will be leaving this reflector for this very reason. I encourage you (Tom) to make use of Ten-Tec's excellent service. I have spoken to Paul and others there and without exception they have never talked down to me or failed to help with any problem. Good luck with your Orion it should be a great radios when it is finished.
73, Kirk KI7YY