Re: [TenTec] TenTec Orion Reliability

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Orion Reliability
From: "Billy Cox" <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:01:14 -0500
>I can understand Tom's concerns.  At the same time it is my belief
>that something that is deemed "unreliable" is something that fails
>frequently or something that has demonstrated repeated failures.

Certainly each person is entitled to their own "my belief", but such
is not an indication of any accuracy nor truth in the matter ...

ONE weekend without problems is what I recall Tom stated.

ONE weekend ...

For the $3500 ... should he receive a bit more than that as to value?

"My belief" is yes, he should be able to turn the equipment on,
and NOT be concerned will it work THIS time ...

The "world's best rig" has a net value of ???? when it quits
transmitting or receiving?  $3500?  I don't think so ...

That's the bottom line ... you may attempt to explain it away as to being
software related issues ... but that certainly does not excuse it! It's sad.

I DO believe TT is working to resolve the issues at hand ... but it's to
the point of almost being humorous of some of the justifications that
"performance" such as Tom is experiencing is OK for the price paid.

73 Billy AA4NU
... who is part of an American electronics firm that
will begin TS quality training after the holidays. We
already hold the other standards, so see, I also do
understand the various FMEA issues discussed.

FMEA = Failure Mode and Effect Analysis