Re: [TenTec] Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:23:22 -0500
> Speaking of fit and finish, are Orion owners
> happy with that display?

Quite.  It's clear, crisp and easy to read.  A few folks seem to have
experienced a problem or two ... I've been lucky, or perhaps the
norm depending on your point of view :-)

> One guy said it takes a while to warm up and then the
> contrast is varied. Also wondering if any Orion owners
> have suggested that Ten Tec line up the labels on the
> right screen edge?

Never had a problem with slow warm-up (?) -- that's a new one.
Once the contrast is set in the menus it has stayed where I put it
and hasn't "wandered".

The label thing has been discussed before ... seems minor, but
there are alignment things that could be cleaned up.  I'm surprised
all of that wasn't taken care of some time ago, but I rather expect
those things are close to the bottom of the list.

The meter still bounces against the right pin on transmit ... well, cw
anyway .. and then just the first dit.  It doesn't slam, just bounces --
nothing that looks like it would cause ill.  I have to admit the only
time I notice it is when someone asks about it :-)

Grant/NQ5T