Re: [TenTec] An example of changing Orion firmware tomeetexpectations of

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] An example of changing Orion firmware tomeetexpectations of the operator.
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 20:17:13 -0000
Duane,

You are describing the kind of things that go well with a control program.
My N4PY Orion control program allows you to define a remote pod key for
"Up".  To do what you describe, all you do is press the "Up" key followed by
the "5" key.  This will make VFO B be VFO A + 5 khz and make VFO B be the
transmit VFO.  Now, if you wish to listen to both sides of the DX pile, you
can press the key you have defined as "DUAL" on the remote pod.  This "DUAL"
button will toggle the VFO B receiver off and on.  I find this is a great
way to work through split DX pileups.

73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC