[TenTec] An example of changing Orion firmware to meet expectations

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] An example of changing Orion firmware to meet expectations
From: "Marijan Miletic, S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 22:35:23 +0200
W4PA> We were unsuccessful in explaining this Orion concept to the amateur
community:

-- VFO's are not receivers --

Once upon a time when IF was within HF working range, there were separate boxes
for receiver, transmitter and later even VFO!

But there is no "chicken or egg" problem with transceivers although VFO might
be transmitter!

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

P.S:  Scott, I am imagining you in Bavarian outfit while making above statement
:-)