Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Orion and it's auto tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Orion and it's auto tuner
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 17:14:58 -0400
Why not just buy the LDG tuner as a separate unit? That way you would be
able to take advantage of it's wide impedance capability with any rig, stick
it in the car when mobile or take it on field-day. Furthermore, the
individual tuner only cost about $149!
Another factor, considering how sensitive certain rigs are to RF, you may
not want an antenna feeder (which often radiates) very close to the rig.
That means you that you need to install the tuner at some distance from the
radio and run the matched coax to the rig.
Just keep in mind, there's no turning back. The tuner cannot be retrofitted
in a tunerless Orion.

Steve N4LQ