Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ destined as a classic?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ destined as a classic?
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:09:25 -1000

But QSK (in my book) it did not have. Neither does the OMNI VI+!
The Argonaut V does...and so does the Elecraft K1.
If I hear a relay, I am always thinking if it is gonna click before I start
sending again...That is what I consider non-QSK.

I don't hear a relay with my Omni VI, and my hearing is still pretty good. I consider my Omni VI to have the best QSK I have ever used. I have not operated an Argonaut or K1. I wonder if you had the "amplifier relay" turned on unnecessarily in your Omni VI.

DE N6KB