Re: [TenTec] IC-7800 Expanded Test Report

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] IC-7800 Expanded Test Report
From: "Marijan Miletic, S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:30:25 +0200
W4ZV> You would still have exactly the same close-spaced IMD and BDR issues,
which is the topic we were discussing.

I am always looking at RX covering whole HF band with close spaced
interference problems on rare occasions.
The best RX is the one which statistically receives most of the signals
under the variety of interference conditions.
G3RZP has shown that can be easily achieved with preamps and antenna
attenuators on 40 m band.
I am happy with just SSB and CW filters even without any DSP.
That covers 6 to 160 m for me in EU BCI and contest pile-ups.
USA bands sound like VHF but your mileage may vary :-)

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU