RE: [TenTec] Argonaut/Titan III

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Argonaut/Titan III
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:40:56 -0700
Jim,

I fully agree with you in theory, but I don't think the Argonaut V is
designed to be keyed from an external amp.  I'm stabbing in the dark here
because I've never seen the Argonaut's V schematic.

Unless you modify the Argonaut V to do the complete handshaking like the
Omni's and Orion, etc. do, then I think it's better to key the normal
(non-tentec) input of the linear.

In any case I would use at least one transistor to isolate the Argonaut's T
line from the amp's relay circuitry.  THe reason mine had three transistors
is because two of them were already inside the model 405.  I wanted to keep
the option of keying the 405 as originally planned, with RF, and I wanted to
keep the delay which MUST be isolated from the T line.

73
Rick