Re: [TenTec] FS: Omni VI +....excellent

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS: Omni VI +....excellent
From: "J. W. (Dub) Thornton" <dub@oklahoma.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:03:30 -0500
I bought my Omni VI, factory option 3 upgrade, used.  Option 3 was done in
1998.  TCXO was installed in July 2000.

Dub

At 08:53 AM 7/22/2004, you wrote:
Early VI+'s did not have TCXO, it was a later addition.  My late 1997 VI+
did not have the TCXO.

73, Duane

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:28:12 -0400 "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net> writes: > > There is NO electrical/mechanical difference between the radios > other than > > the front panel of the option 3 rig does not include the word > "plus." > > This is essentially correct. However, there are some differences > between > the two radios: > > 1) If I'm not mistaken, the Omni Six (and all factory upgrade > versions 1-3) > use a crystal oven for the reference oscillator. The Omni Six Plus > uses a > TCXO and was not incorporated into upgrades 1-3. (someone keep me > honest > here);

J. W. (Dub) Thornton K5DUB

Minco, OK.