[TenTec] Re: Heil ProSet on Orion - reprise

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Heil ProSet on Orion - reprise
From: Ron Martin <royalct@inr.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:16:36 GMT
Hi Duane,

No PTT on any of the 4 Hiel based microphones.

Ron .... NU1U

Duane A Calvin writes:

Do you also use the PTT connections?

Paul's words were that pin 2 should never be tied to chassis ground. That is essentially what Heil's page recommends - a general
recommendation, not Orion-specific. (Pin 2 connects to the shield of the
ProSet microphone cable.) Also, Heil uses this pin as the return for the
PTT switch, while Paul said this should go to chassis ground (i.e.,
connector shell.)

My original postings last month go into the detail of the problem - I
won't repeat it here. I do not think I have an RF problem, and still
need to rule out ground loops. That will hopefully happen this evening. The PTT may have something to do with it (I use the Heil footswitch with
their ProSet Ten-Tec adapter.) I've gotten all kinds of suggestions,
many conflicting, but all seemed to work for each person sending them. Some said no problem was had, but I definitely have one with the ProSet
and Heil adapter that is not there with 2 other Ten-Tec microphones.

I'll let the list know what I find that fixes it on the off chance that
someone else has the same problem later on.

73, Duane

. . . snip . . .

What's the issue? I am curious....

Ron ..... NU1U