Re: [TenTec] Orion Aux I/O Audio Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Aux I/O Audio Problem
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:28:30 -0400
Hmmm....I just went back and checked what Duane reported. Set the Audio Menu
for Left & Right to BOTH, then vary the audio levels of the main and then
the sub rcvr. At first I thought the SubRx had much louder audio for the
same setting, but discovered the BW of the main rx was 500Hz and the BW of
the SubRX was 1000 Hz. If I set both rcvrs to the same BW, then I can find
no interaction at all when using the independant audio controls. I slightly
offset the same CW signal so I could monitor the difference in level of each
rcvr, and they both sound totally independant to my ears.

Again, I'm running v1.369.

As Bill mentioned, the roofing filter issue is something we are looking at
in the beta firmware.

Tom - W4BQF