Re: [TenTec] Orion on the Way

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion on the Way
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:51:16 -0500
Just one more comment on the internal tuner vs. external.  I bought the
internal tuner even tho I have a Model 238B to use with the Alpha 99.
Why?  Because both of my antenna systems are used on bands where they
need a tuner, and the tuner settings on the 238 are far apart.  It's a
lot easier when I'm running barefoot to hit the "Tune" button and let it
do its thing.  This is especially true when jumping around from band to
band.  Saves a lot of grief.  If you have "tuned' antenna systems, then
that's a different matter, but $300 for this convenience is definitely
worth it to me.  Besides, years from now when it is time to move to the
new Ten-Tec Andromeda (just kidding - no, I don't know anything), it will
fetch a better price with the tuner installed.  That was my thinking,
anyway!

        73,  Duane