Re: [TenTec] Tennessee Dreamin'

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tennessee Dreamin'
From: Anthony Luscre K8ZT <aluscre@neo.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 17:55:43 -0400
Ron
I owned one second hand the 80 meter version. It was CW/SSB but not well designed for CW.
Coincidently the Dentron "factory" was just across town here in Stow, OH.

I was a Tech at the time and I wanted the six meter version and would stop in every few weeks and they would say it would be a week or two. They never did produce it and one day when I went there the doors were closed and soon another business moved in.

I sold the 80 meter rig at a know forgotten Northeast Ohio Hamfest years ago. I also had one of the main Mizhou (sp?) boards that they were based on and sold it to a G-QRP member visiting Dayton form UK.

There was one on e-Bay this week 40 meter version I think (actually I think 40 and 80, plus maybe 20 meter were the only units actually produced.)

Anthony

Ron Notarius wrote:

For some reason, that reminds me... and my apologies for going slightly off
topic here...

One of the last products announced by the second coming of Dentron (circa
1983-4) were a bunch of single band radios; don't remember now if they were
CW/SSB or SSB only, and I think they had an output around 25 watts.  I
remember seeing them being sold at a huge discount at Dayton that year...
and passing because the band I wanted was no longer available (bad mistake)
as I discovered the table in the flea market Sunday morning shortly after
arriving.  Dentron disappeared for good shortly thereafter.

Anyone else remember these rigs, or even get their hands on one?  Are any
still around anywhere?

73, ron wn3vaw

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Donovan" <n5xm@alltel.net>