Re: [TenTec] Tennessee Dreamin'

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tennessee Dreamin'
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 19:38:07 -1000
Mike Hyder -N4NT- wrote:

I suppose what I found confusing was any reference to impedance as it would
seem to remain constant during our doubling of power.  The aerials would be
constant, the ether, too.  So whatever the impedance value you want to plug
into ohm's law wouldn't matter.

If my 50 watt output induces a 100 microvolt signal input to your receiver,
will my 100 watt output induce a 141.4 microvolt signal or something
different from that.  What I am asking for is numbers so I'll understand if
an S-unit is equal to a 6 dB difference, is that 6 dB of voltage difference
or of power difference or does it matter?

Mike N4NT

Mike,

A dB is a dB. That's part of the beauty of using dB instead of power ratios or voltage ratios.

DE N6KB