[TenTec] Re: Roofing filters

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Roofing filters
From: "Tom Whiteside" <tomw@ecpi.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:45:40 -0500
I've had the same complaint about the late cut-in for the 1.8Khz filter for
SSB in auto mode and have fixed this manually when needed.   But when the
new NRAD filter comes in, I want to replace the 1KHz filter with the NRAD
600 Hz filter and put the 1 KHz filter in place of the 1.8KHz filter like
others have done.   But I also plan to swap out the 2.4KHz filter with the
1.8KHz filter.   So if the current filter cut-in scheme will no longer be an
issue.   Am I missing anything with this approach - other than sacrificing
some fidelity on SSB when the 2.4KHz filter would have been in line?   Or is
that what everyone has been doing and I'm just slow in the uptake?

Tom Whiteside
N5TW Georgetown, TX