RE: [TenTec] Orion/DXBase Control Help

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion/DXBase Control Help
From: "RM" <royalct@inr.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 10:59:26 -0400
Under Dxbase 2005 'Tools/Options/Users Options/Radio 1 Tab(or Radio2)'

A) select TenTec under Manufacturer Window, select Orion565 under Model.
B) Put a 'check' in the Connect Radio 1 Serial Interface box
C) Put a check in the CTS box (you should leave DTR High and RTS High
unchecked)
D) Under Comport select the computer comm port that you are using for the
Orion
E) Under Baudrate select 57600 (this is the only value that the Orion/Dxbase
will work with)
F) Under Word Length use 8
G) Under Parity select NONE
H) Under Stop Bits enter 1

Under the Log Defaults Tab, put a check in the Load Band/Mode from HF
Transceiver box.

Click Ok and click your back to the program, close Dxbase, and restart
it............ You should be communicating with the Orion.

I strongly suggest that you 'manually' configure your computer comport that
you are using for the Orion to the above serial port settings, and select
Hardware handshaking.  Yep, I know that all computers is supposed to set the
comport without human interaction..........Guess What - They Don't....my
experience with ham radio products is that feature is not reliable......Set
the computer comport parameters manually .....

Ron ....... NU1U