Re: [TenTec] another basic question...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] another basic question...
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:38:17 -0500
With my technique of porting the Main RX audio to BOTH ears, and the
SubRX to the right ear only, I don't need to be flipping other switches.
I have the SubRX volume turned up only enough to tell who is where in the
pile, and find who the DX working.  When the DX comes back, I hear him
loud and clear in both ears ("center of the head") while the noise
continues at lower volume in the right ear.  Very easy to sort them out,
and no switches to push other than the Send button!  The flexibility of
the Orion's audio routing makes for a number of methods, making it
possible to find one to work for just about anyone.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas