Re: [TenTec] Titan I / 425 Relays

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan I / 425 Relays
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:36:34 -0500
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:35:23 -0400, KD7EFQ@aol.com wrote:

> I understand that in the 425 series Titan I, both kilovac and Jennings
>vacuum relays were used, but which came first, the Kilovac or Jennings.

I could be wrong, but I think the Jennings came first. That's definitely
what's in my early vintage 425, and TenTec told me they needed to
update the circuit board to accept the newer relay.

I don't know why the switch was made -- it might have been performance,
it might have been cost, it might have been reliability of the vendor to ship
on time, or any combination of the above. All are potentially good
reasons.

Jim Brown  K9YC