Re: [TenTec] IC7800 Review: Why is this getting covered here?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] IC7800 Review: Why is this getting covered here?
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:48:51 -0400
I like  it when a ham speaks up when something is bothering him...way to go
Al!

(But be careful or you will be put on the same list I'm on :  'one more bad
word from you about our gear and you will be dumped off the list' list.
Humble and quiet is the watch word)

Tom - W4BQF

Right on! I joined this list to talk about TEN TEC, darn it, and I don't
want any mention of anything else cluttering up my inbox! Ten Tec only,
understand?

>From now on, let's keep any discussion of any non-Ten Tec equipment off
of this list. That includes Kensucom, Ameritron, LDG, MFJ, Inrad, all of
the antenna manufacturers, all tower brands, any and all batteries,
non-Ten Tec power supplies, any references to Radio Shack parts, Mouser,
Digi-Key, RigRunner, computer equipment, software, Hustler, SGC,
SteppIR, Gap, Cushcraft, M2, Hy-Gain, Force 12, all of the myriad audio
"hi-fi" stuff, non-Ten Tec microphones, headsets, boatanchors, Bencher
(and all other makers of keys, bugs, paddles, iambic paddles, keyers,
and morse readers), speakers, amplifiers, rotators, coax cables,
open-wire line, transmitting tubes, baluns, all of the hundreds of
brands of non-Ten Tec antenna tuners, non-Ten Tec kits, furniture,
books, and all else. No references to magazines in which Ten Tec does
not advertise. I don't want to hear about your dipole if it isn't made
with Ten Tec wire!

When discussing Ten Tec rigs, let's stay away from many of the topics
that bore me, like "receiver performance" and "transmitter cleanliness".
Let's try to keep it to amiable discussions of aesthetics like size of
S-meters and 'feel' of on-off switches. Let's try to stay away from
potentially contentious topics like phase noise and dit-chopping.

I don't want you to compare my Ten Tec with any other rig. I believe
that my Ten Tec is the best, and I don't want you to burst my bubble.

In addition, if a particular topic does not interest me, even if it is
Ten Tec-related, I will notify the list and discussion should cease
immediately. I know I am just one person, but if I am offended by a
particular topic, I expect you all to drop the thread straightaway. And
no telling me to "use the delete key" or whatever. I don't want to be
inconvenienced in the least.

Examples of threads that are very offensive to me include, but are not
limited to:

1. Did Faraday invent the dBm, or was that Fessenden?

2. How many angels can dance on the tip of a quarter-wave vertical?

3. Which amplifier is best color-coordinated with my orange-dot Ten Tec?

4. How come I get no output when I speak into my $500 mic?

5. Are three 400 Hz filters really better than four 600 Hz filters in
cascade?

6. Has anyone tried a steel dome over their house for grounding?

7. Compare and contrast 2-tube regen with Ten Tec Orion.

8. I want to sound just like W4PA in the contest. What do I have to do?

9. Does a Beverage really hear better than my attic dipole?

10. And, my all-time favorite, "Gee, my radio doesn't do that."

I expect strict compliance to this rule. Although I am reluctant to
pursue legal action, I will keep all options open to protect my American
civil liberties. Let's keep this a friendly list, and may I remind you
that 'friendly' implies that we are tolerant of intolerance.

Al  W6LX