Re: [TenTec] Difference Between Omni VI+ and Paragon II

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Difference Between Omni VI+ and Paragon II
From: Dan.Newby@cpspet.com
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:08:18 -0400
If I understand it correctly, Stan please correct me if I am wrong, the
Paragon and Paragon II are basically the same rig except for the processor
board and AM operation.

Having said that, what I find interesting is that if you look at the ARRL
product reviews, the Paragon has  better  Minimum discernible signal,
dynamic range,  two tone third order IMD dynamic range and third order
intercept point than the Omni VI Plus. Both of which were tested under the
same conditions as I read the review.

Anyway, if you have those issues, May 1988 and November 1997, you might
want to read them for yourself. Or you can look them up on the ARRL web
site if you are a member.

Dan

"Wayne Bilodeau" <wayneb@lightstream.net>
Sent by: tentec-bounces@contesting.com
08/11/2004 12:56 PM
Please respond to
tentec@contesting.com

tentec@contesting.com
cc

Subject
[TenTec] Difference Between Omni VI+ and Paragon II

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me the significant differences between an Omni VI+
(option 3 upgrade) and a Paragon II other than noise reduction, shortwave
bands, and AM ?

I am thinking about trading an Omni VI+ fully loaded for a Paragon II
fully loaded( yes, I know...crazy) because I want shortwave bands and AM
capability.  I was a shortwave listener prior to ham radio and kinda miss
it.

73 de KC8Q