Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ firmware rev.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ firmware rev.
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 08:37:35 -0000
The plug 52 problem arose because a segment of established Omni users
expressed a strong preference for sidetone volume to be independent of RX AF
gain setting.  Ten Tec responded to user pressure by introducing an analogue
switch (U7b) into the VI+ IF/AF board which achieved this end.
Unfortunately, at the same time it made the sidetone horribly clicky.  I
hated the clicks but a sidetone that increased with AF gain was fine with
me, so I figured out the plug 52 option and pulled the plug the day after I
got back from Dayton with my shiny new VI+ some years back.

FWIW

Bob, 5B4AGN