[TenTec] Inrad audio mod for Omni VI

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Inrad audio mod for Omni VI
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 18:06:20 EDT
Hi Vern, I did my own Inrad mod, but I used the surface mount devices and it
was a little tricky. I used a pair of reading glasses AND a magnifying glass
to get a good view. I also managed it with a pencil soldering iron, 30 watt
which I don't recommend. It came out excellent, cant tell the solder points are
any different than factory. It would be alot easier for someone equipped for
SMD's.

As far as an improvment in SSB audio, I would say it helped some, but not as
dramatically as I expected. The biggest benefit I saw was it smoothed the AGC
action out when using the DSP NR on the 6+.

I also have a Kenwood TS570D, and as far as I'm concerned, the Kenwood audio
wins hands down on SSB for ragchewing (much fuller and richer sound.)

It helps, But don't expect a dramtic change.

73, Todd - KT0DD - kd7efq@aol.com

"The race is over...THE RATS WON !"