RE: [TenTec] OMNI 6+ SOLD

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] OMNI 6+ SOLD
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:02:09 -0700 (PDT)
Dave,

The hot rumor is that Icom 756pIII may be ready for
Christmas 2004, that could be one idea for Steve. I'm
keeping my Omni VI+ eagerly await the new Icom.

The new Pro III will go for (street) $2800 or
thereabouts.

I can't help but think that the new model Icom was
created to position against TenTec's successful $3300
price on the Orion. They upgraded the 756P2 hardware
to add roofing.

Now I'm wondering if TenTec will upgrade some of the
aspects of the Orion hardware where it needs it.

Always a moving target with the transceiver models!

73,
Don