Re: TT [TenTec] "Upgrading" an Omni V or VI

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: TT [TenTec] "Upgrading" an Omni V or VI
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:55:26 -0400
Hi John,

        Inrad's upcoming mod for the VI+ should make it
a stellar performer, especially with the 400 Hz roofing
filter.  I don't know enough about the Omni's to know
if this will work for the Omni V.

73, Bill W4ZV

http://www.qth.com/inrad/roofing-filters.pdf

Ten Tec Omni VI series: We are presently working on a roofing filter mod for
the Omni VI+ radios. Plans are not quite formalized yet, but some preliminary
data from our lab is shown below.
Signal Spacing IMD DR Filter Bandwidth
20 kHz 100 dB 2800 Hz
5 kHz 93 dB 2800 Hz
20 kHz 100 dB 400 Hz
5 kHz 100 dB 400 Hz
1 kHz 90 dB 400 Hz
We hope to make this unit available in the late fall or winter of this year.