[TenTec] For Sale: Ten-Tec '6n2' Model 526 Transceiver

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] For Sale: Ten-Tec '6n2' Model 526 Transceiver
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:25:07 -0500
I've decided that I don't use this radio enough to hang on to it.  Radio
is in very good condition, 9 out of 10, both electrically and
cosmetically.  It has the latest level of firmware installed (version
1.03, if I remember correctly) and is the first IF-DSP VHF all-mode
radio.  It works well, and the RX seems sensitive.  I've worked 2m FM and
SSB with good signal reports and have worked all over the US from here in
Texas on 6m SSB on a G5RV!!  So, 6 meters can be a lot of fun even with
20 watts and a poor antenna!  Like all the 526's, it has a birdie on
either 50.115 (or 50.125 - I can't recall at the moment) which is a
calling frequency, but it is still workable even with that.  I have had a
ball with it when I was active on it.  Asking price is $450.  (TT gets
$695 new for it.)

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas