[TenTec] Omni-V RS232 interface

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-V RS232 interface
From: G3JAG <G3JAG@patents.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:50:29 +0100
The original RS232 interface is difficult if not impossible to use. There is
no provision for handshaking and accordingly PC software (MAC or whatever)
has no way of stopping the Omni sending data. I have never had any luck with
it, even just trying to read the frequency, let alone control the Omni-V.
There is a fix based on installing N4PY's revised firmware (the "Omni.V.9"
mod) but you need to also carry out a relatively easy hardware modification.
After that the Omni V serial port is more user friendly, at least with
Windows software. I have never used MAC here.

John G3JAG