Re: [TenTec] Omni-C Microphone

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-C Microphone
From: Ed Purvis <wa4njy_am@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:45:27 -0700 (PDT)
                     Thanks Mike,  I thought from the pictures it was phone
plug. I have
     a bunch of D-104's here to get me going. This is my first Ten-Tec rig and
it is
     a REAL bargain.
                                                tnx again, Ed

Mike Hyder -N4NT- <mike_n4nt@charter.net> wrote:The Omni-C uses a 1/4 inch
stereo phone plug. That is a plug with a sleeve,
ring and tip. The tip is the PTT, the ring is microphone high and the
sleeve is ground. If you forget which is which, just remember that you
never want your microphone across the PTT voltage. Any high impedance
microphone will work fine. Everybody has an opinion.

73, Mike N4NT