Re: [TenTec] Tentec roofing filters and Inrad filters for the Orion.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tentec roofing filters and Inrad filters for the Orion.
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:14:02 -0400
Bill Tippett wrote:

Hi Jason,

N1SU wrote:
>My INRAD 250Hz #751 CW filter performs as well as my stock
TT 1.8KHz filter, but the TT 1.8 should have far lower loss than the
INRAD.

        ??? Something got lost in the translation here.  When you said
"performs", surely you didn't mean your 1.8 kHz filter has the same
6 dB bandwidth as the 250 Hz filter!  I assume you meant insertion loss
only, since insertion loss always goes up as you narrow the bandwidth.

Oops - I saw that after I hit the send button. I meant to say insertion loss - my 250hz #751 has identical insertion loss compared to the TT #288 1.8kHz filter in terms of S-meter reading and listening via blindfold test (xyl pressing the buttons). I tested a buddy's #288 filter and his was quite a bit better in my radio so I think I just happen to have a lossy 1.8 #288. I never use it so I don't mind.

I've had good success with INRAD's filters and George and Georgia are very helpful and patient.

Now if I could just afford an Orion!! hi