[TenTec] : SUB-RX: TEN TEC - ORION

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] : SUB-RX: TEN TEC - ORION
From: "Ascani Adriano" <adrianoascani@virgilio.it>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:35:09 +0200
 HI ALL
My name is Adriano, im from Italy. If can i would ask you something about
TENTEC ORION 565 AT. I received it first days of august/2004. i try to explain
you wath i have noted not good using it.

In 40 meters- (and not only 40 m)- with Sub RX is impossible to listen weak  CW
signals: the signal that i listen good  in MAIN RX- totally desappear when i
switch to Sub RX.: both tuned on the same fequency with same settings. In
Europe we have broadcasts in  7.100 -7.300 Kcs: i tune both the RX on the same
freq - (AM MODE): the analogic S-Meter of Main RX give me a signal   9 + 40 the
same antenna, the same settings, the same frequency .... the S-Meter of SUB RX
show only  2 o 3 lines  signal (hope someone understands) and switching the AF
encoders (main-sub) alternately , the reception of the Sub-RX is low and ground
noise is higher. I think here is something does'nt work right in the SUB-RX-,
when you assign alternately the same antenna to main and to sub seems to work
with 2 antennas and that of the Sub RX is less efficient. I repeat, the 2
receivers have same settings. no troubles with Main RX.

In other bands ( i have the JUPITER too)  that has the same SSB sensitivity
like Sub-rx of Orion:i see (same antenna) tuning a broadcast station : JUPITER
. 9+40 ----------> SUB RX  3 line filled of signal strenght. IS NORMAL THAT?

My old  KENWOOD TS 430S  give me a strongher reception on same frequencies with
same antenna.- If someone have understood my problem give me some advice. Next
days shall do other tests then shall contact TEN TEC service.
Hope in an answer, for now many thanks.

from IZ6FWF
Ascani Adriano
Italy
(bag your pardon for my schoolastic English!!! HI)