Re: [TenTec] 6N2

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 6N2
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:41:28 -0500
Paul,
        I just sold mine.  It was an excellent radio.  The controls are
not as 'slick' as the JA rigs.  I liked it a lot - especially that I
could run 6m on my untuned-on-6m G5RV Jr., and it would still put out
sufficient power to work all over the country.  It also heard
surprisingly well on 6m.  On 2m I am only vertically polarized, so I
couldn't check it out very well.  Worked fine for SSB, CW and FM, but
without a decent horizontally polarized antenna, I didn't get much
opportunity to work "dx" on CW/SSB.  I would buy another if I get active
again.  By the way, if you buy a used one, the latest level of firmware
is 1.23.

        73,  Duane