Re: [TenTec] Please tell me about the TT Omni VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Please tell me about the TT Omni VI+
From: "Ben K8DIT" <benk8dit@callatg.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:36:14 -0700
Lee,

As an Omni VI/opt1 and Jupiter owner my comments will be; subjective and non
technical; short and sweet; pithy; and grateful for this opportunity to use
the semi-colon on my keyboard correctly, or not.

I use both transceivers alternately six months each. Ive had the 563/opt1
five years
and it is good. If you want an undiluted ham band only experience, using
crystal mixing in order to limit synthesized noise, improving selectivity
over alternate design schemes, the Omni VI/in any costume, will provide it
nicely. Yes, there are mitigating circumstances, but not enough to dissuade
me of the perfection that is this radio.

Liking it, and getting it to work the way its supposed to may be at variance
with one another. Understanding the design and its signal strategy is the
first step in knowing what youre dealing with in order to further encourage
you, getting it to work for you. Looking at the specs. does not tell the
whole story. Reading the manual begins to reveal its secret and then finding
someone who understands the contrasting designs available today, the early
21st century, will no doubt fill in the blanks. Hearing this story will give
you a new respect for Ten Tec, the radios it makes, and this radio in
particular.

Let me know if you want me to continue. Work becons and I must pull the
plug. 73s all the way around. dit dit