Re: [TenTec] Re Please tell me about the TT Omni VI+

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re Please tell me about the TT Omni VI+
From: "n4lq" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:00:02 -0400
Here is a link to a modification you can purchase from INRAD to improve
the Omni VI+ audio. The receive audio for SSB is well known for being
too narrow for comfortable copy. The purpose of this mod is NOT to make
it a hi-fi receiver but simply to make it easier on the ears. See the
Eham review by N1EU for more comments about this. Again, the rx audio on
cw is great but not so on SSB. I don't think restricted audio bandwidth
on ssb is necessary for contesting as Scott W4PA suggest. Mabe after you
turn 50 you need a little more hi-fi!

N4LQ

http://www.qth.com/inrad/kits.htm