Re: [TenTec] Orion and RX-320 on DRM

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion and RX-320 on DRM
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 17:21:51 -0400
Further update:

Thanks to suggestions from this list, I re-examined the picture of the
RX320D from the TT website and the cap (I can't read the value) is in
series.  I reworked my mod so the cap was in series.

I still had about 10 dB lower S/N ratio reported by the Dream software with
the RX320 versus the Orion. Just for comparison, I hooked up the Pegasus and
saw S/N numbers similar to the RX320.  However, when I engaged the RF
Attenuator on the Pegasus, the S/N radio came up to almost the same level as
the Orion.

Since the RX320 doesn't have any attenuation, I switched to a poorer
anntenna and the S/N ratio came up on the RX320. It looks like something is
overloading.

73,
Mark