Re: [TenTec] Re: Omni VI "sport serial port"

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Omni VI "sport serial port"
From: "A. Sewell" <n5na@att.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:28:15 -0500
Ed,

K1NU's interface will work for this. You can take a look at it here:

http://k1nu.home.comcast.net/k1nu/Products/index.html

You just need to be sure whatever program you use it with will let you turn on RTS as the interface gets its power from that pin. Most programs do.

73,

Alan N5NA

Ed wrote:
Ok Thanks so far for the replies. No, I do not wish to use the DB25, as I now have access to a remote encoder. So, the sport jack is my only option. I guess I need to be more specific, is this a RS232 converter or a transistor converter ??? Stereo plug, mono ?? I tried the interface from Donner, but no joy at all. What are you using that works ??

Ed W3NR