Re: [TenTec] Orion: Two questions

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion: Two questions
From: Martin Ewing <martin@aa6e.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:46:43 -0700 (PDT)
Dave,

Some standard remarks:

What firmware version?

The relay is a fact of life.  Mine is pretty quiet and
not bothersome to me.  Others report total silence,
but still others have your complaint.  I wonder if
they're all the same, and we just have different
nuisance thresholds! More likely, there is unit to
unit variation.  Probably you could deaden the sound
if you wanted to dig into the rig.

The glitches you report _might_ be fixed by doing a
master reset.  (That's not really a factory reset -
you don't need to lose data.) The MR is the first
thing to try when you run into unexplained troubles
like this.

I assume you're not running a logging program or
otherwise using the serial port?

If not, then I don't know!

73 - Martin, AA6E