[TenTec] Transverters and Orion

To: orion@contesting.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Transverters and Orion
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:53:13 -0500
Back a couple of months ago, I had received some info from one or two folks who were using DEM transverters with the Orion. Unfortunately, I had multiple HD crashes and lost the info and the IDs of the correspondents. If you're the guy(s) who corresponded with me, please resend the info. (K9YC was this you?)

I am successfully using a DEM 6M transverter with the Orion. The only problem that I've observed is that the power output is not variable via the Orion's front panel power output control. The output is either zero or maxed; there's no in-between. TT service says that there's something wrong with the Orion and to send it in for service. It's not enough of a problem for me to do that, but I wonder if others using a transverter are able to vary their output power via the front panel control.

I would also like to be able to easily switch between DEM 6M and 2M transverters. The only way I see to do this is via a multi-wafer switch that switches four lines (I think. I haven't really looked at the switching requirements that closely.) Is anyone out there currently switching the Orion between multiple transverters? I'd like to know exactly what you're doing.

Thanks and 73,

Joe