RE: [TenTec] TXCO unit [OT]

To: johnclif@ix.netcom.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] TXCO unit [OT]
From: Martin Ewing <martin@aa6e.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 07:39:32 -0800 (PST)
John,

In a way, it's simple.  That's what a frequency
synthesizer does.  You take a 10 MHz reference, divide
it down and/or multiply it up by various ratios, mix
and filter, etc.  Doing it well and cheaply is another
matter.

A simple way: divide your 10 MHz to get 1 MHz and 10
kHz.  Lock your 9 MHz osc. to the 9th harmonic of 1
MHz. Mix your 9.03 osc with 9 MHz and lock to the 3rd
harmonic of 10 kHz.  There are lots of other
combinations that would work, too.

73, Martin, AA6E