Re: [TenTec] Orion-One Year Report--Plus the N4PY OrionControlProgram.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion-One Year Report--Plus the N4PY OrionControlProgram.
From: "Ken & Linda Burrough" <w8keb@1st.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:42:36 -0500
Hello All

Rob asked-----

Ken, just to know where you are coming from, have you owned any nonTT rigs
since 1980?

Well Rob, yes I have but I could not afford to buy the latest rigs in the 80's.
 Before retiring from the Air Force in 1984 I could not afford anything that
was new, in fact all I could afford was something I could fix.  It took 12
years to get my first new rig, the Omni VI Plus, that was in 1997.  I had a
very hard time at Dayton in 1997, Kenwood had the TS-870 out and were offering
a very good price on them.  I am a CW op, and from my Triton IV Digital I knew
what Ten-Tec did and worked.  Best thing I did was buying the Omni VI Plus.
Since the Omni VI Plus I have bought everything Ten-Tec made new.

In the past I have owned the following--

Heathkit

Two HW-101's
1 SB-401/301
1 SB-401/303
1 SB-102
1 HW-5400
RX-1/TX-1 Twins

Others

Globe King 500C
Drake B-Line
Kenwood 599D Twins
Kenwood TS-130S
Kenwood TS-130V

What I did not put in my first post is I have the SG-2020 ADSP2, this is the
third 2020 and it is used on CW qrp.

Yes still a Ten-Tec Nut.  Rob send me your e-mail address off line and I will
send a few pictures of the Radio Room.

73 from the Buzzard Roost, Flushing, Ohio.

Ken/w8keb